VJHemOnc is committed to improving our service to you

BSH 2017 | Myeloproliferative neoplasms in pregnant patients

VJHemOnc is committed to improving our service to you

Martin Griesshammer

Martin Griesshammer, MD, Johannes-Wesling Clinic Minden, Minden, Germany, discusses pregnancy in patients with myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN) at the 2017 British Society for Haematology (BSH) Annual Scientific Meeting in Brighton, UK. Approximately 700 pregnant patients with essential thrombocytopenia are currently overseen. Approximately 70% of these pregnancies result in live births, with the remaining 30% suffering miscarriages. In pregnant patients with polycythemia vera, there are fewer cases reported, with approximately 77% of pregnancies resulting in live births. A small percentage of these patients suffer thrombosis and major bleeding. As MPNs are rare, and MPNs in pregnancy is even rarer, it is important to collect as much data and information as possible.

Share this video  

Sign-up for our Newsletter!

Keep up to date with all the latest news with our monthly newsletter